Friday, March 16, 2007

This week's events...

Wow, was that ever a busy week. I just finished organizing a UNBSJ public lecture, "An Inconvenient Truth: Live" with Peter Corbyn ( www.petercorbyn.com) as the presenter. Peter is one of 18 Canadians trained by Al Gore to present the slideshow central to the Oscar-winning documentary. He is the only Atlantic Canadian so trained. It was a great talk and an awesome community-building exercise.

Today (Friday), I leave for Ottawa and my second Breakthrough Conference. There I will meet with a number of other NDP candidates and officials (including our own interim leader and my good friend, Pat Hanratty) to plan and prepare for the next election, whenever it may be. I am going to find out how we are all going to win in Fundy Royal and send an NDP MP to Parliament next time around. We will build our sustainable community!
Unfortunately, my absence means I cannot attend an important event taking place, Saturday March 17. The Canadian Peace Alliance, the New Brunswick People for Peace, and the Saint John People for Peace are holding a rally to pull troops out of their military roles in Iraq and Afghanistan. Drop by Tapps Brewpub from 2-6pm for music (Debbie Adshade, Kim Blue, Karen Palmer, John MacLean, the Shaggy Dogs, and more) and an information session. For more info, please contact 4peace@nbnet.nb.ca. If you can go to the show, please say hello for me.

No comments: