Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Cat Died

Sadly, last night, my cat died. His brother was eaten by some beastie almost two years ago.

It's hard to see a loved family member depart, but the dignity with which they handle death is inspiring.

We can learn from that dignity both in life and in death. Our agenda must not be self-gain, but all-gain, and we have to pursue this agenda with humility and determination. It isn't the fight that is fun, but the hope that we can make a better world that must form the core of our dignity.

"Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world." - Tommy Douglas.

Indeed, c
ourage, my friend, you helped to make this a better world. Thanks for the lesson.

2 comments:

Kuri said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. As a fellow cat-lover, I know how much they cherish their freedom and live in the moment. I supposed there are few things more dignified than living life to the fullest.

leftdog said...

These little creatures that come into our lives teach us a lot of lessons. Their loss is felt strongly because they are so trusting and loving of us, without condition. I lost an animal companion recently who had lived with me for 14 years. I know what you are feeling and it is good that we acknowledge the impact that these little characters have on our lives!